Friday 9 December 2011

Has my leader Aung San Su Kyi earned PhD from SOAS?

This blog has lost focus as I cannot find more fake PhD Burmese 
and so I am slowly turning it into a generic blog, it is my blog and
I can write whatever I want.


I got a question whether Daw Su has earned a PhD. I have learned 
that she came back to Burma for us while she was researching and
completing her thesis at SOAS, University of London. SOAS@UoL,
is where 2 young Burmese literature scholars who are working for 
BBC Burmese section have earned their advanced degrees. I tried 
to find out some information. Below is quoted from the "Mizzima":


'PhD Burmese Literature School of Oriental and African Studies (1985)'

Reference: http://www.mizzima.com/political-pro/opposition/aung-san-suu-kyi.html

I double checked with the SOAS Alumni site and quoted as follows:
'Aung San Suu Kyi was a SOAS student studying for an MPhil in
Burmese Literature in 1988 when she was called home suddenly 
to care for her seriously ill mother.'
Reference: http://www.soasalumni.org/page.aspx?pid=670 


But I do not think Daw Su needs a PhD (permanent head damage) as
she has wisdom unmatched by rogue two bits with 3 letter word "PhD"
and two letters prefix "Dr". So I will make a tentative conclusion that 
she has earned a M.Phil degree before conferred with honorary PhDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.